Give your WordPress galleries a masonry layout with optional slider. Click an image to launch the slider in a lightbox:
How to make this masonry gallery
First, create your gallery by following these steps:
- Open the page or post where you want to add the gallery.
- Click into the editor at the point where you’d like the gallery to appear.
- Click the ‘Add Media’ button.
- Click the ‘Create Gallery’ link in the left hand panel.
- Upload or select the images you want to use in the slider.
- Click the ‘Create a new gallery’ button in the bottom right.
- Select the number of columns and the image size from the Gallery Settings panel on the right.
- Choose ‘Masonry’ in the Layout field. Note that the Slider Settings are not used.
- To enable the lightbox slider, go to Settings > Masonry Gallery and select ‘Enable Lightbox Slider’ on the Lightbox Slider tab.
Tip: if your images look blurry or poor quality, you might need to update your image sizes in Settings > Media. You can use a plugin like Regenerate Thumbnails to update the image sizes for images you’ve already uploaded to your site.